February is Black History Month — a time to celebrate Black American culture and recognize the significant (yet often understated) contributions of Black Americans in U.S. history.
Softgiving is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, the home of Martin Luther King Jr. and often considered the mecca of the civil rights movement.
Our team is lucky enough to work just down the street from some amazing charities that support civil and human rights, fight against racial injustices, and provide education and opportunities to underserved communities.
This month, and throughout the year, we encourage you and your community to create a HERO campaign for these important and impactful organizations.
Some of the charities on our platform that share the values of Black History Month and support black communities across the country are:
- National Center for Civil and Human Rights*
- Equal Justice Initiative
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- American Civil Liberties Union Foundation
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund
- Black AIDS institute
- Martin Luther King Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change*
- City Year
- The IGDA Foundation
- Georgia Justice Project*
- Black Girls Code
- After School All-Stars
- Street Dreamz Foundation*
- Facing History and Ourselves
- 100 Black Men of America*
- Black Lives Matter Foundation
- Associated Black Charities
- Boys & Girls Club*
* = headquartered in Atlanta 🙂
Don’t see the organization you want to fundraise for when creating your HERO campaign? Email email@example.com and we’ll work to add it to our platform!
(Last updated 2/1/21)
Softgiving helps influencers fundraise for their favorite causes in a fast, convenient, lifestyle-based way. Create a HERO campaign today!
Have a question? Need a pep talk? Just want to chat?
Feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or shoot us a message on Discord.